Unforgiveness is a deadly poison that will ultimately destroy your soul.
It is an act of hatred or demonstration of grudges which is often misguided as an act protection or comfort of one's self. But the this is further from the truth. You will never be at peace in your heart and soul unless you make it right by doing what's right! Forgive. :)
Unforgiveness, if unattended, can lead to the creation of deeper wounds you would regret soon or later. When you're not willing to forgive, you are not doing any harm to "the person in question" rather you are opening a ditch you should never have opened. Holding unto "a wrong " done will not change or cause the pain to go away. You will never get your release if you keep letting unforgiveness choke you. The act of forgiveness is not really for the other person rather it is your way to freedom.
- Matthew 18:23-35- We have a responsibility to forgive.
- John 15:12- Unforgiveness shows that you do not love Jesus.
- Matthew 6:15, "But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses." Ungorgiveness prevents God from forgiving our sins.
- Matthew 18:23-35; 2 Corinthians 2:10-11- Unforgiveness leaves room for the Devil to work.
- Mark 11:24, 25- Unforgiveness hinders answers to prayers.
- Hebrews 12:15. Unforgiveness can defile a person.
- Matthew 7:12, 21;1 John 3:14 - Can keep you out of Heaven.
- John 15:5- Hinders spiritual prosperity.
"When we forgive, it opens us up to God's forgiveness (Matthew 6:15), it puts us in a receiving position when we pray (Mark 11:24, 25), it helps us become spiritually fruitful (John 15:10, 12, 5), and we will know that we have passed from spiritual death to being reconciled with our heavenly Father when we love each other (1 John 3:14)! When we keep God's commandments and love one another, we prove that we love Jesus (John 14:21), and we abide in Christ's love (John 15:10)! What a magnificent blessing forgiveness really is!