Giving up is too easy; it is what the devil does when he is up against God, and realizes that he is fighting a loosing battle. So, I dare you to never let go when you're up against a difficult time. "But you are to hold fast to the LORD your God, as you have until now." -Joshua 23:8. Easily done, easily tempted. When you feel like giving up beware it is Satan pointing out your weakness "to easily give up". We tend to sink easily under pressure too, so the first thing that would probably run through our minds when faced with difficulties or challenges is to just turn away, or give in. Let me pause for a moment. Could you ever imagine the intensity of the sufferings that Jesus Christ went through for you? Nothing that you and I go through in life is comparable to the sacrifice(s) that God has made for us. So, what if we suffer for Him? Jesus went through so much more hostility than any one man could ever face. Let people talk, Satan will try to get you off track and cause you to loose hope, but you just hold on. Hold unto God's promises. "Consider him who endured from sinners such hostility against himself, so that you may not grow weary or fainthearted." -Hebrews 12:3 (ESV).
You just hold on because whatever it is that you're going through, I know that God won't let it get the best of you. Stand strong! Joshua 1:9-(NIV) "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." You are not going under because God is holing you right. "For I am the LORD your God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you." Isaiah 41:13 (NIV). He is the only true friend that will always be with you, through the good times and through the bad.
- Our God is not a quitter and has never lost a battle. If He is the same yesterday today and forever, then this means that He will win every battle. "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End." Revelation 22:13(NIV).
- As his children, we have the privilege to live a life of victory too, through His Son Jesus Christ (Romans 8:37).
- Rejoice in the hope that God will save you. "For I know that my Redeemer lives, and at the last he will stand upon the earth." -Job 19:25 (ESV)
- Your hard work will pay off later. "Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up." -Galations 6:9 (NIV).
- The most important thing is that you keep your heart daily enriched in God. Keep in touch with the Master! "Therefore we do not give up. Even though our outer person is being destroyed, our inner person is being renewed day by day."-2 Corinthians 4:16 Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)
- Don't focus on your obstacles, God will help you overcome them; but instead keep your eyes on the reward. Don't let the trouble-maker (Satan) be a problem; fix your eyes on the rewarder of your faithfulness. "But as for you, be strong and do not give up, for your work will be rewarded.” 2 Chronicles 15:7
God will carry you. He will sustain you. When you look back, you'll be surprised of how many ditches you've jumped over. Rest in God! Hold unto to the only hope that will stand when the whole world fails. -God.
Psalm 62:5 (NIV) "Yes, my soul, find rest in God; my hope comes from him."